October 18, 2017 | Katie Rogina
Society has enthusiastically welcomed social connectivity and interactive technology in public spaces. We want to interact and connect through technology everywhere we go, and organizations of all types are waking up to this need. Interactive public displays and interfaces are becoming a new digital layer that is redefining public space. Designed with a hi-technology infrastructure, interactive public displays create a new kind of habitable, alluring, and viable public space enabling new forms of multimedia presentation and a new user experience with which people want to engage.
Latest Advancements in Interactive Technology
Interactive technology is meant to enhance business, education and government environments and the user experience. The advancements taking place will allow messaging to work smarter not harder. Here are some important developments facilitating the adoption of interactive technology in public spaces:
- New display technology such as LED technology with strong colors and and impressive performance, projections, digital signage with system-on-chip displays and 3D displays
- Customer intelligence gathering software, which gathers and analyzes information regarding customers in order to build deeper and more effective customer relationships and improve strategic decision making
- Mobile integrations such as custom apps that allow customers to access additional product information, purchase items, provide feedback, or share across social media
- Touch-screen object recognition software coupled with object-recognition software that interacts with objects placed on their surfaces
- Cognitive computing involving self-learning systems that use data mining, pattern recognition and natural language processing to mimic the way the human brain works
Interactivity Enhances User Experience
The experience created and shaped through interactive technology should be designed for the user and through this course, users will experience a journey like no other as if it was meant for them individually. Technology needs to be thoughtful and able to speak to every walk of life it encounters. This is how organizations can begin to create the right type of environment and then talk to a user’s many senses such as sight, hearing, and touch. Technology works and functions much differently than it did in previous years. People of all ages are using technology and are plugged in more than they even speak to one another. The more technology is able to have the user interact with an organization’s products or messaging, the more users will be engaged.
Interactive Technology in …
- Customized AV solutions and unified communication experiences optimize clinic and hospital space, so that healthcare professionals are given every possible resource to advance health. Examples of interactive technology in the context of healthcare include Wayfinding Solutions, and Patient Check-In.
- The success of casinos, resorts, hotels, restaurants, lounges, and convention centers is directly linked to the guest experience. In order to enhance guest experience, hospitality services must create an aesthetically attractive, inviting, and exciting environment. Digital signage and modern, interactive AV solutions help to craft the kind of memorable atmosphere that customers expect and demand. Applications include digital signage, way-finding kiosks, interactive projection and displays, meeting and conference room audio/video integration, communication cabling, video conferencing, and room schedulers.
- Civic Government
- Specialized systems designed for secure environments and delivering sensitive data to staff, rapid sharing of public information, conducting immersive and engaging meetings, secure video and teleconferencing, environmentally-friendly office solutions