2020 will be looked back on as a watershed moment. How we operate in our daily lives has radically changed. While most industries were affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, it's hard to think of one that transformed more in such a short time than the K-12 classroom. 

COVID-19 and subsequent "lockdowns" in most states shuttered the classroom doors and made living rooms, kitchens, dining rooms, and family rooms into classrooms. Teachers trained and experienced in connecting with students face-to-face had to learn the art of finding connections in different ways quickly.

2021 has seen students, teachers, and administrators go back to in-person learning in most U.S. schools. Yet, returning to the status quo while a pandemic is still going on has presented a unique set of challenges for school districts and building administrators. 

Luckily, VariQuest has a host of tools that can help alleviate these challenges, and using federal COVID-19 relief funding to explore them is the perfect way for your school to face them head-on. 

Visual Learning Tools That Support K-12 Schools and Districts

The VariQuest Visual and Kinesthetic Learning Suite features tools and resources specifically designed to support educators and engage students in their quest for learning.

We understand that education budgets are stretched thin, and it may not be easy to find additional funding for new resources. However, through federal relief funding, your school can obtain these easy-to-use visual and kinesthetic learning tools that will transform your classrooms. 

The Education Stabilization Fund, part of the CARES Act, provides about $122 billion in Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) grants to states. School districts must use 10% of the funds for state-level activities, but the other 90% can address specific needs brought on by these unusual times. 

Some school districts' needs that fall into this category include:

  • Addressing learning loss in students due to an interrupted 2020-2021 school year
  • Addressing the social and emotional needs of children and how COVID-19 has affected them 
  • Planning for and implementing hardware and software that supports remote and hybrid learning in the event of school closures 
  • Training staff on proper sanitation methods and PPE use to cut down the spread of COVID-19 
  • Preparing a school building for social distancing, modified traffic flow, and reminders of practices like hand-washing and mask-wearing to help fight the spread of COVID-19

What are some needs that VariQuest can help with, and your ESSER money can fund? 

There are a lot of logistics that need to be in place to get students to school for in-person instruction and keep them safe and healthy, so they stay in the building. It's also crucial to be prepared for potential long-term closures by having tools in place that support remote and hybrid learning.

VariQuest's Visual Learning tools can help your school design, create, print, and laminate:

  • Signage that supports hand-washing, mask-wearing, keeping 6-feet apart, and other reminders that help fight the spread of COVID-19
  • Instructional materials that help address student needs and engagement in the classroom as teachers attempt to close those gaps in learning 
  • Social-emotional learning supports for the classroom like mental health check-ins, calming charts, and more 
  • Achievement charts to help track student growth and celebrate successes 
  • Professional-quality signs at a fraction of the cost 

The VariQuest tools have educators of all ages and learning styles in mind. The Perfecta® All-in-One Poster Design Systems take you from design to print with just one piece of equipment. The Cold Lamination Machines eliminate burns and fumes while making your instructional materials last longer. No matter what educational program you're looking to enhance, VariQuest is an excellent fit for busy educators.

If you're looking for a partner to help your school glide quickly into its future, look no further than Spinitar. For 35 years, we have been helping design, build, and support high-performance learning environments that translate into more profound engagement, more substantial instruction, and more learning. We know the ins and outs of how you can use ESSER funds to make sure your school doesn't go back to "business as usual" in the post-pandemic world.

New call-to-action